This is a 12 week training plan created by Endurance Strong is designed to prepare an advanced cyclist for a Long Hilly Road Race or Event. On Non-Recovery Weeks this plan ranges from 13.5-14.5hrs/wk and 680-900 TSS/wk and is suitable for a Cat 1, 2 or experienced Cat 3 racers and advanced cyclists preparing for a 3-5hr or longer hilly road race or event. Recommended starting fitness would be a CTL in the 70's, which Endurance Strong’s Advanced Base Training Plans should arrive you at. This plan generally follows the sequence of:
- Monday - Off
- Tuesday - Intervals
- Wednesday - Shorter Endurance and Strength Training
- Thursday - Tempo / Sweet Spot
- Friday - Active Recovery
- Saturday - Various Intervals and Hills and Strength Training
- Sunday - Longer Endurance Ride
Training Peaks version available here for $10 upcharge.
- Allows transfer to cycling computers, watches and indoor training platforms.
- Includes Basic Training Peaks account where you can adjust training plan workouts in calendar.