This is a training plan created by Endurance Strong designed to prepare an novice cyclist for a Long Hilly Road Race or Event. On Non-Recovery Weeks this plan ranges from 8-10hrs/wk and 400-660 TSS/wk and is suitable for any level Cat 4, intermediate Masters, advanced Cat 5 racers or slightly more experienced novice cyclists preparing for a 2-4hr hilly road race. Recommended starting fitness would be a minimum of a CTL in the Low 40's which Endurance Strong's Novice Base Plans should arrive you at. This plan has notes on how and when to incorporate strength training but no other strength training guidance. Endurance Strong also offers this same Training Plan with a full Strength Training Plan included at a slightly higher price point (Best Value), as well as separate Goal-Specific Strength Training Plans available a la carte for further individualization. This plan generally follows the sequence of:
- Monday - Off
- Tuesday - Intervals
- Wednesday - Shorter Endurance and Strength Training
- Thursday - Tempo / Sweet Spot
- Friday - Off
- Saturday - Various Intervals and Hills and Strength Training
- Sunday - Longer Endurance Ride
Training Peaks version available here for $10 upcharge.
- Allows transfer to cycling computers, watches and indoor training platforms.
- Includes Basic Training Peaks account where you can adjust training plan workouts in calendar.
top of page
bottom of page