This is a training plan created by Endurance Strong designed to prepare an novice cyclist for a Long Hilly Road Race or Event. On Non-Recovery Weeks this plan ranges from 6-8hrs/wk and 340-540 TSS/wk and is suitable for Cat 5, novice or older Masters, lower level or time strapped Cat 4 racers or novice cyclists preparing for a 2-3.5hr hilly road race. Recommended starting fitness would be a minimum of a CTL in the 30's which Endurance Strong's Novice Base Plans should arrive you at. This plan has notes on how and when to incorporate strength training but no other strength training guidance. Endurance Strong also offers this same Training Plan with a full Strength Training Plan included at a slightly higher price point (Best Value), as well as separate Goal-Specific Strength Training Plans available a la carte for further individualization. This plan generally follows the sequence of:
- Monday - Off
- Tuesday - Intervals
- Wednesday - Shorter Endurance and Strength Training
- Thursday - Tempo / Sweet Spot
- Friday - Off
- Saturday - Various Intervals and Hills and Strength Training
- Sunday - Longer Endurance Ride
Training Peaks version available here for $10 upcharge.
- Allows transfer to cycling computers, watches and indoor training platforms.
- Includes Basic Training Peaks account where you can adjust training plan workouts in calendar.