This is a training plan created by Endurance Strong designed to prepare an intermediate cyclist for a Long Hilly Road Race or Event. On Non-Recovery Weeks this plan ranges from 10.0-11.5hrs/wk (12hrs 1wk) and 490-750 TSS/wk and is suitable for any level Cat 3, intermediate Masters, or advanced Cat 4 racer preparing for a 3-5hr hilly road race. Recommended starting fitness would be a minimum of a CTL in the Low 50's which Endurance Strong's Intermediate Base Plans should arrive you at. This plan has notes on how and when to incorporate strength training but no other strength training guidance. Endurance Strong also offers this same Training Plan with a full Strength Training Plan included at a slightly higher price point (Best Value), as well as separate Goal-Specific Strength Training Plans available a la carte for further individualization. This plan generally follows the sequence of:
- Monday - Off
- Tuesday - Intervals
- Wednesday - Shorter Endurance and Strength Training
- Thursday - Tempo / Sweet Spot
- Friday - Active Recovery
- Saturday - Various Intervals and Hills and Strength Training
- Sunday - Longer Endurance Ride
Training Peaks version available here for $10 upcharge.
- Allows transfer to cycling computers, watches and indoor training platforms.
- Includes Basic Training Peaks account where you can adjust training plan workouts in calendar.