This is a training plan created by Endurance Strong designed to prepare a beginner cyclist for a Long Hilly Road Race or Event. On Non-Recovery Weeks this plan ranges from 5.0-5.75hrs/wk and 300-385 TSS/wk and is suitable for someone new to racing or a Cat 5 or older Masters with minimal time to train and is preparing for a 1.5-2.5hr hilly road race. Recommended starting fitness would be a minimum of a CTL in the 30's which a previous Endurance Strong Beginner Race Training Plan should have you at. This plan has notes on how and when to incorporate strength training but no other strength training guidance. Endurance Strong also offers this same Training Plan with a full Strength Training Plan included at a slightly higher price point (Best Value), as well as separate Goal-Specific Strength Training Plans available a la carte for further individualization. This plan generally follows the sequence of:
- Monday - Off
- Tuesday - Intervals
- Wednesday - Strength Training
- Thursday - Tempo / Sweet Spot
- Friday - Off
- Saturday - Various Intervals and Hills and Strength Training
- Sunday - Longer Endurance Ride
Training Peaks version available here for $10 upcharge.
- Allows transfer to cycling computers, watches and indoor training platforms.
- Includes Basic Training Peaks account where you can adjust training plan workouts in calendar.