This is a training plan created by Endurance Strong is designed to prepare an advanced cyclist for a Long Hilly Road Race or Event. On Non-Recovery Weeks this plan ranges from 14-15hrs/wk and 725-900 TSS/wk and is suitable for a Cat 1, 2 or experienced Cat 3 racers and advanced cyclists preparing for a 3-5hr or longer hilly road race or event. Recommended minimum starting fitness would be a CTL in the 80's, which a previous Endurance Strong Advanced Race Training Plan should have you at. It is recommended that for the first “A” priority race of the year you do a full 12wk Base Phase and a 12wk Build Phase to reach maximum potential, and use this 8wk Build Phase plan for subsequent “A” races. But if you have limited time until your race or have a good base of fitness already, this plan is sure to do the trick. This plan generally follows the sequence of:
- Monday - Off
- Tuesday - Intervals
- Wednesday - Shorter Endurance and Strength Training
- Thursday - Tempo / Sweet Spot
- Friday - Active Recovery
- Saturday - Various Intervals and Hills and Strength Training
- Sunday - Longer Endurance Ride
Training Peaks version available here for $10 upcharge.
- Allows transfer to cycling computers, watches and indoor training platforms.
- Includes Basic Training Peaks account where you can adjust training plan workouts in calendar.
top of page
bottom of page