This is a training plan created by Endurance Strong is designed to prepare an intermediate cyclist for a Criterium or Short Road Race or Event. On Non-Recovery Weeks this plan ranges from 5.25-6.0hrs/wk and 330-475 TSS/wk and is someone new to racing or a Cat 5 or older Masters with minimal time to train and is preparing for a 30min to 2hr race or event. Recommended starting fitness would be a minimum of a CTL in the mid 30's which a previous Endurance Strong Beginner Race Training Plan should have you at. This plan has notes on how and when to incorporate strength training but no other strength training guidance. Endurance Strong also offers this same Training Plan with a full Strength Training Plan included at a slightly higher price point (Best Value), as well as separate Goal-Specific Strength Training Plans available a la carte for further individualization. This plan generally follows the sequence of:
- Monday - Off
- Tuesday - Shorter Intervals / Sprints
- Wednesday - Shorter Endurance and Strength Training
- Thursday - Tempo / Sweet Spot
- Friday - Off
- Saturday - HIIT or Medium/Long Intervals and Strength Training
- Sunday - Longer Endurance Ride
Training Peaks version available here for $10 upcharge.
- Allows transfer to cycling computers, watches and indoor training platforms.
- Includes Basic Training Peaks account where you can adjust training plan workouts in calendar.